Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"Krafty" Cards - 2Crafty and Flying Unicorns



"Krafty" Cards  with  2Crafty and Flying Unicorns 

 I am in a kraft mood I think.  Lately I'm loving the neutral look of Kraft.  So playing with that theme,  I created two cards using some  of the elements from the Flying Unicorn Small Art Big Passion mini-kit , 13Arts stickers from the Main "Your Passion Your Art Kit", along with 2Crafty chipboard from my stash.  

Some of the embellishments from the Small Art Big Passion worked well with neutral kraft color - like the bright Petaloo flowers and the metal embellishments from Prima.   The 13Arts acetate word stickers were perfect for the sentiments on the cards.  These came from the January Main "Your Passion Your Art" kit.  I also paired the kraft paper with elements from Flying Unicorns kits. These are the two chipboard pieces I used:  "Stellar Snowflakes" and "Squiggly Heart Cluster".


I made using the January Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month , flowers from the January kit as well, 2Crafty chipboard and 13Arts papers.  While it may be January,  I wanted to play with the newest 2Crafty releases and show you just how detailed and beautiful they truly are. 

This layout uses the following 2Crafty chippies; "Stellar Snowflakes" and "Squiggly Heart Cluster"( You can find an assortment of 2Crafty chippies here):





This is a close up of the 2Crafty "Squiggly Heart Cluster". It's delicate and darling.
I thought it would make a great focal piece for my kraft card. 

I did leave the chipboard natural looking but dabbed a bit of gesso on them to match the card. 
The flower used here is from Petaloo.  The Teastained Pink Dahlia.  I did add some gesso on the tips of the petals.  The flowers came in the Small Art Big Passion kit. 
The background of the card was from Prima's Stencil - Doily three 582869 and super heavy molding paste. 


I used metal pieces from the Small Art Big Passion to top the chipboard snowflakes. The smaller snowflakes are topped with Prima Metal Embellishments.   This card  also features a newly released design - 2Crafty "Stellar Snowflakes".  Aren't they just delightful?  I left them naturally unfinished and topped them with the metal embellishments to give them some extra texture.  

The "Smile" sentiment is from 13Arts Secret Letters - Acetate word stickers found here.  




Thanks for stopping here.  Visit the Flying Unicorns Facebook page and share your work with us.  We'd love to see it.  
You can also visit the 2Crafty Facebook page to see what's new.  


2Crafty Chipboard  "Stellar Snowflakes" and "Squiggly Heart Cluster"
Petaloo Flowers -Teastained Dahlias Pink
Gesso - watered down for a wash
Prima Metal Embellishments - 583514
Prima stencil - Doily three 582869
Super heavy gesso
13Arts Secret Letters Collection - Acetate word stickers

1 comment:

  1. I adore both of these mixed media cards!!!!! Such a fan of the Squiggly Heart Cluster!!!

    ReplyDelete