Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Julie Nutting Mini-Album for Halloween


Julie Nutting has some fun new stamps and papers out that will help make your Halloween fun and bright.  First, the dolls are created by Julie Nutting and Prima.  The Bootiful paper collection is Julie Nutting and PhotoPlay.  

I decided to create a mini album partly because I could not decide which papers I wanted to use and which doll stamps.  They were all so sweet and fun.  I thought I'd give them all a whirl.  

Here is an overview of my complete book - chock full of hidden journal spots, surprises on every page and tons of room for mounting adorable Halloween photos and tucking extra photos away for quick "bragging" rights.   Quite the fun, bold book for those darling photos. 

( This book is available on my ETSY shop while it lasts along with some other  Julie Nutting Halloween goodies. You can see this mini-album here while it is available.  )

I created this using a simple 6x6 brown paper bag album I bought on ETSY.  It's not fancy but it comes with many places to store additional photos and journaling.  I also wanted to create a book that has a lot of cool places for featured photos and journaling.  

The cover was made using Julie Nutting and PhotoPlay's Bootiful papers and Ephemera.  I used the paper callled Harelguin BT2308with the Bootiful 3x4 cards BT2306.  This is accented with a bit of lime green and purple cardstock for matting.  
Pages 1 and 2

Here is a close up of the Skelly page.  I also added some stickers from the 12x12 Bootiful collection.  They are adorable.  
Next up  is a double page that folds open for photos.  When closed, it features Julie's sweet and spooky Skelly doll stamp.  She is just darling.  One the opposite page, I made a simple frame to showcase the sweet stickers that came in the 12x12 Bootiful paperpack.  The frame is a diecut from JustRite Paper Products - the Decorative Hello Oval Frame die.

As you open the Skelly page, you find more adorably spooky  paper from the  PhotoPlay Bootiful.  This page is called Bootiful - Hats BT2311.  This is a perfect place to mount a photo from Halloween.


Now as you open up the next page, you find a darling surprise...Cat Girl and her cat of course.  


Pages 3 and 4
These are pages 3 and 4 -bright and cheery. 

I used a few different dies on this page.  First, my base die is Prima Embroidery Die 584009 with Echo Park's Haunted Mansion die layered over the top.  
This is page 4 and it features a 3x4 journal card from PhotoPlay's Bootiful collection "Cards" sheet   bt2306.   I 

made a tag and tucked into the pouch I created.  The tag is

 perfect for some hidden journaling or a small photo.  

Pages 5 and 6
The base of these pages is created from PhotoPlay paper called "Pumpkins" .   These both are pouches that have a large Graphic 45 Tag for photos and journal writing.  
This page features one of the PhotoPlay Ephemera Dolls atop an oval die from JustRite Papercrafts.  The beautiful scalloped edges on this page are Spellbinders Borderabilities Card Creator Dies - A2 Scalloped Borders die.    you can also see the Graphic45 black tag better in this photo.  

The only change up on this page is the wonderful pumpkin die from Die-Versions called "Whispers Patterned Pumpkin" DVW-277
Pages 7 and 8
Nothing fancy on these pages.  I wanted them to be simple and similar.  Great places for photos.  

Pages 9 and 10
These pages are trifold pages that are held together using  the orange ribbon. I used the ephemera and the stickers from the collection.   I did make my own candy corn background.  

When you  untie the trifold pages and open them up, they look like this.   Another great place for tucking photos.  






Oh one last thing….this mini is available in my ETSY shop - while it lasts.  You can view my ETSY shop here.  
Thanks for stopping by.  


Supplies:
PaperPlay Bootiful 12x12 Collection  paper pack BT2314
PhotoPlay Bootiful Ephemera BT2315
PhotoPlay's Bootiful collection "Cards" sheet   bt2306. 
PhotoPlay Bootiful collection - Pumpkins paper BT2310
PhotoPlay Bootiful Element Stickers BT2312 
Prima Julie Nutting Skelly doll stamp 911621
Prima Julie Nutting  Cat Girl doll stamp
JustRite Paper Products - Decorative Hello Oval frame Die DIE05064.
Prima Embroidery Die 584009
Brown  Paper Bag mini album
Echo Park - Haunted Mansion Die eppdie269
Spellbinders Borderabilities Card Creator Dies - A2 Scalloped Borders die sr-s5182
Die-Versions called "Whispers Patterned Pumpkin" DVW-277




1 comment: