Thursday, December 8, 2016

Victorian Christmas Stocking Card With DIY Patterns and Instructions


DIY Home Decor and Cards with Prima's Victorian Christmas -Part 2

I really loved the beautiful Prima Victorian Christmas collection by Frank Garcia.  I had some left over paper and thought I'd make a series of cards and a canvas for Christmas to use the collection.  I have 4 projects in total so I decided to split this into two posts and share all my step-by-step instructions, DIY tips and techniques for each project.    This is Part 2.   
Part 1 projects are in the photo below. You can see the  complete instructions from the projects from Part 1  right here.   
These are the papers included in the Victorian Christmas papers I used for my projects.   

Prima Victorian Christmas  - Stocking Card with downloadable template  
This is my sweet stocking card.  
I have created a template for you to print.  Just clink on the link here.  

Step 1. Fold a piece of paper or use pre-folded cardstock.  Align the tempate against the fold.  Cut the template out but make sure the places that touch the fold are not cut.  

Your card should resemble this when opened.  

Step 2. Cut a doily to fit the toes, heel and trim on the top of the stocking.  

Step 3. This is what the back of the stocking top looks like.  I tucked the gold trim behind the piece before gluing to the card.  It provides a clean finished look and keeps the ends of the trim from fraying.    

Finishing Touches: from here, you choose if you want to keep the card flat for easy and inexpensive mailing or add dimensional embellishments with your personal flair.  

You can click here to get the printable Stocking Card Template 
Products used:  Prima Victorian Christmas Paper 990480, 990534, 990503
Prima Victorian Christmas Alpha Stickers 582371
Prima Gold Paper Doilies 585006
Gold trim
Cream pre folded Card/Envelope sized 5x6.5
Tim Holtz Distress ink - Vintage Photo


Victorian Christmas  - Stenciled Ornament Card

This card features the Victorian Christmas stencil.   For this card, I only share a stenciling tip.

I used the stencil that was part of  Prima's Victorian Christams collection for this card.  The stencil is obviously great for holidays  but perfect for all season as well.    Keep the stencil with the gift boxes handy for quick birthday cards.   


In this particular card, I really wanted to stencil  the ornaments.  To do this, you will want to block off the sections of the stencil that you do not want to include.    Slip a piece of paper under the stencil to keep the card clean of excess  stencil.  

Some people even add tape over the stencil sections they want to avoid.  

The credit card (used gift card) shown in the photo is another tool I use to spread the molding paste quickly and evenly.  

Thanks for sharing your time with me.  
May your Christmas season be filled with friendship and peace. 
Products Used:
Prima Victorian Christmas Paper 990480, 990534, 990503
Prima Victorian Christmas Alpha Stickers 582371
Prima Victorian Christmas  - Deck the Halls Stencil 582951
13Arts Chalk Modeling Paste
Prima Coy Liam Leaves 581138
White cording 2yards
gold sequins
Gold trim
Mini-red floral berries
Kraft Card/Envelope sized 5x6.5
Tim Holtz Distress ink - Vintage Photo

2 comments:

  1. These are stunning and such heart in to the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thanks so much!!! Gosh, wish I would have found this site before Christmas, oh well, next year I'll be a Hit!!!! (they will all be jelly!) lol

    ReplyDelete